Thursday, June 29, 2006

Useless Trivia of the Day

I don't have enough readers to turn this into a trivia game, although if you by chance happen to read this and want to take a stab at it, feel free to leave a comment.

Nolan Ryan pitched for four teams in his career: the Mets, the Angels, the Astros, and the Rangers. What do these four teams have in common?

Obviously I am thinking of something specific--there may be other common threads betweem the teams that you can think of. I will say that it has nothing to do with on-field performance, i.e. "None of them have ever won the World Series" or some such (yes, yes, I know the Mets and now the Angels have won the World Series).

2 comments:

  1. They were the first four expansion teams in the early 1960s. The Rangers were first the new Washington Senators, after the original Senators left for Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, studes, I guess I fooled you into thinking I was more sophisticated then I actuall am :)

    Mr. Pinto nailed what I was looking for: the four original expansion teams(albeit the AL two in 61 and the NL in 62). I thought it was kind of interesting that one of the greats pitched for four teams and it just happened to be four that are so closely linked.

    David, I saw your post on your blog and in fact my comments do work, though they are moderated so they only show up when I approve them. I may try turning moderation off again, but I used to get all kinds of spam (my favorite was for a scented candle website).

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to reject any comment for any reason.